If you are also facing write protection problem with your pen drive and want to fix it without formatting, Then here are some steps to fix or remove write protection from pen drive.
How to remove write protection from Pen drive:
1) Insert your pen drive into your computer, click on start menu, then open run prompt.
2) Type Regedit, in run prompt and press enter. This will open registry editor on your computer.
3) Now in registry editor, Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
4) once done, Double click on the key "WriteProtect" in the right pane and set the value of “Value Data” section to 0. And then press ok.
5) Now exit registry editor and restart your computer.
You have successfully removed the write protection from pen drive. Any queries or comments regarding this article, would be appreciated.